The school year is coming to an end and with that comes the writing of report cards. You would think that knowing they are the last ones of the school year would be motivation in itself, but it just doesn’t work that way. And so, here it is, in no particular order, a list of procrastination tips!
- Coffee Date with a friend you haven’t seen in awhile – 2.5 hours later you’ll be SO SURE you’ll crack down and work when you get home
- Grocery Shop – Surely stopping for three items on the way home is necessary
- Make Lunch – It’s 1:45 pm by now. You’ve got to eat!
- Text with your significant other until they go to sleep (9 hour time difference) – It just wouldn’t be right for him to go to sleep without having a lengthy conversation about eggs (weird, I know)
- Search for recipes on Pinterest – What can you do with the protein powder that in your pantry that is about to expire?
- Make peanut butter protein balls for the first time ever – That protein powder can’t go to waste
- Check Social Media approximately ever five minutes – You just never know when someone will post something important
- Watch an episode of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix – Heaven forbid you get too far behind
FINALLY…you’re ready to focus. Here it goes. Open laptop. Open report card file. Work on Opening Comments for approximately 15 minutes and then realize it’s 6:00 pm. Dinner time at last!
8. Make dinner – A girls gotta eat
9. Go to blog site – Have you had any views today? What could you write about?
10. Watch Orange is the New Black – Your SO told you Season 5 is out now but you’re only on season 2! You need to catch up!
11. Call back the friend that called you earlier – Wait. Shouldn’t she be writing report cards too?
12. Check cell for messages – Woohoo! Brook is procrastinating! She’s writing something that would make a good blog post. Brainwave! Write a post about procrastinating!
13. Text your best friend – She will probably respond right away if she’s a teacher because she’s probably procrastinating too. Yup, Kyla just washed her hair in avoidance.
14. Write that blog post – And here it is…Procrastination Tips: Report Card Edition
Okay, that pretty much sums up my Saturday. Maybe now I’ll be able to focus on report cards. But wait…I should have pictures in this post…